I’ve really been craving some good pad thai lately but I always like mine a little spicier than I find in most restaurants. So tonight I set out to make my own spicy pad thai…
- Nasyoa extra firm tofu
- Peanut sauce
- Hot sauce
- Water chestnuts
- Chinese noodles (the crunchy kind)
- Noodles or spaghetti
- Slice and press the tofu to get as much water out as you can.
- Begin by sauteing the tofu in the peanut sauce and hot sauce (to taste).
- Once tofu browns, add peanuts, water chestnuts, and crunchy noodles and continue sauteing. Begin cooking your noodles/spaghetti
- When noodles are done, drain and add to saute pan. Mix and serve (you may want to add some extra peanut sauce so it’s got more moisture to it).
My husband and I both loved it. I was worried at first that it was going to be too hot, but the heat was perfect. And now we have leftovers for tomorrow!