Monday – No run today.  Mondays are my day off.  Instead I worked around the house like a crazy person, so that was kind of like a partial workout.

Tuesday – 4 miles on the treadmill (1.5% incline) in 41:34 (10:20 min/mile pace).  I was foolish and tried to go out faster than I could handle (~ 9:00 min/mile).  At about mile 2, my knees stiffened up and I ran out of gas.  So I slowed it down and finished out my 4 miles for the day.  Mental note – don’t go out that fast yet!  I attempted to do my run during the day while my husband was at work, but the puppy FREAKED OUT so I had to wait until he got home.  Because of this, I wasn’t able to do my P90X plyometrics later that night (see previous P90X Plyo post).  I guess I’ll have to YET AGAIN, shift it back a day.  That’s alright.  It’s a learning experience with the dog.  I don’t know how he’s going to handle different situations yet.

Wednesday – 5 miles on the treadmill (1.5% incline).  I’m not even going to post the time because it was so slow.  For some reason, it was just an AWFUL run.  I was sluggish, tired, achy, tight muscles… all that fun stuff.  I couldn’t get into a rhythm or get comfortable at all.  I pushed through it, but there were SO MANY times I wanted to just stop.  I tried to get my mind somewhere else, but just couldn’t do it.  There’s been runs where I’ve been tired and achy and managed to get past it eventually, but today I lost the mental battle and just plugged through it.  Once again, I could not get the P90X stuff in with the dogs around me all day and night.  This is going to be interesting carving out time for it.  It will be much easier once my husband is mobile again.  Which is in THREE WEEKS.  ACK.

Thursday – I decided to take tonight off and rest.  I’ve been so exhausted lately and I think that has a lot to do with how crappy my last two runs have been.  Between taking care of gimpy and the dogs and running, I’m beat.  Thursday was time for some R&R.

Friday – No run tonight.  Fridays are my other night off.  Instead I went to my BFF’s (haha) house and made jewelry, ate cookies, and worked on our wedding albums.  All in all, a good night.

Saturday – Spent the night up to my elbows in wedding pictures, DVDs (burning copies of the pictures for people), and photo paper.  Didn’t get done with that little project until well after 10pm and was in no mood to go down to the basement after that.  This has been a pretty off week.  I suppose they happen, and I’m not going to beat myself up about it.  I think I needed a little mental (and physical!) break.  We’ll see if this helps for my long run tomorrow.

Sunday – 1.97 miles with the puppy in 21:56 (11:07/mile).  Granted, that’s including the sniffing and bathroom stops, so our pace was probably closer to 10 min/mile.

Later that night, I did my scheduled run of 13.12 miles on the treadmill (1.5% incline) in 2:20:58 (10:44 min/mile).  Wohoo!  This was my first “half marathon” and I am so proud of myself.  I’m really glad I took the last two days off because I definitely needed a mental and physical break.  It wasn’t all good though.  Around mile 7, my IT band got REALLY uncomfortable and started to make my whole leg ache up to my hip.  From then until the end of my run I had to stop every mile (and near the end, every half mile!) to massage it for about 30 seconds.  It was ROUGH.  But I made it.