I’m so proud of myself today!
- Swim: speed day
- Warmup: 400 continuous, every other lap is kick
- Main set: 8 x 100 (easy, build, easy, hard)
- Cool down: 6 x 75 (It was supposed to be 6 x 25, but I remembered it wrong.)
- Total distance: 33 laps, or 1650 yards (.94 miles)
- Total time: approximately 35 minutes
- Bike: 60 minutes – half outside (it was a gorgeous day!), half on the trainer once it got dark. Not pushing speed, just focusing on pulling up instead of only pushing down on the pedals.
- Run: 45 minutes post-bike (brick). Legs felt good!
Apparently I didn’t actually need to do the bike today. I have my second spin class tomorrow morning, which I was originally going to sub in for that bike workout, but hey, an extra one won’t hurt!
So even though the beginning of the week started off a bit bumpy, I think I’m back into the swing of things. It feels so satisfying to have my workout done. When I put it off, I just feel terrible and grumpy all day because it hangs over me and I can’t enjoy anything. Instead I’m just thinking “I should be doing _____ instead.”
The plan for tomorrow:
- AM spin class just for fun
- Warmup: 4 x 75 (that must be where the 75 came from in my head today)
- Main set: 3 x 400 increasing intensity
- Cool down: 150 easy
- 90 min long run
Then it’s time for some house projects!