A work in progress!
From my pre-vegetarian/vegan days: (All recipes could easily be made vegetarian/vegan with a few simple substitutions)
- Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Casserole – I haven’t tried to make this without the meat yet, but I’ll attempt a tofu version soon.
- Spicy Tofu Pad Thai – My own creation. This has become a staple in my house.
- Carrot Bisque – From my awesome best friend
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pillows – From Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero (The Post Punk Kitchen). The most amazing cookies on the planet.
- Butternut Squash Risotto – AMAZING!!! Every time I think about this recipe I want to go make it right that second. (NOTE: this recipe calls for parmesan cheese, but could easily be made vegan by substituting a little bit of nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan cheeze instead)
- Vegan Pancakes – From The Clean Eating Mama
- Frozen Banana Peanut Butter Fruit Dip – So easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- Vegan “Crab” Cakes – OH.MY.GOODNESS. That’s all I have to say.
- General Tao Tofu – A vegan version of General Tso’s. From VegNews.
- Spelt Burgers – From Angela at Oh She Glows.
- Kale, Pears, and Quinoa – Adapted from Vegan Dad
- Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting – A standard amongst our group of friends.
- Pan Fried Tamari Tofu Sandwich – My favorite lunch
- Smlove Pie – From Veganomicon. WOW.
- Lentil Walnut Burgers – From Angela at Oh She Glows. Best burgers EVER. Make a double batch. You’ll be sorry if you didn’t. Also, this burger is absolutely incredible with avocado on top. Try it. Trust me.
- Almond Butter – Also from Angela at Oh She Glows (I’m sensing a trend here…). I am so in love with this stuff, it’s ridiculous.